Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes!

Hello everybody! Today I have an extremely simple, yet delicious dessert that I thought of randomly one day and bit the bullet and tried it out. I made this for a family party and intended for them to be a dessert. They were a big hit, and were all gone before it was time to eat the actual meal! That being said, apparently they work great for a brunch type get together or dessert! 
First, I made a very simple cheesecake type filling. I didn't want to have to bake it though, since they'd obviously be filling fruit. I decided to just sweeten some cream cheese and see what happened. I used one 8oz package of cream cheese, and about 3 tablespoons of confectionary sugar. I stirred this is my Kitchen-Aid stand mixer with the paddle attachment until it was all bound together. 3 tablespoons makes it sweet, so if you'd like it to be more tart, and cream cheese-ish, like an authentic cheesecake, I'd say only add 2 tablespoons of sugar. You can also add about a teaspoon of lemon zest at this point if you'd like.
Next, you want to cut the tops off of your strawberries, and take out the middles. I used a paper towel to dry out the inside after I had made the hole just to make sure that the inside was dry. This ensured that the cream cheese filling would adhere rather than just sliding out.
Next, I put the cream cheese filling into a piping bag and piped it into the middles of all the strawberries until they were filled just a little bit over the top. They should look something like the picture above.
Then, I took some graham cracker crumbs, and just dipped the strawberry tops in them. This gives the strawberries more of an authentic cheesecake-type look and taste. They also add a nice little crunch texturally.
They should look like the picture above when you're all done. These strawberries are extremely easy to make, and are delicious. I absolutely recommend that you try them, and if you do, let me know how you liked them!

Until Next Time,
K

1 comment:

  1. This is an easy way to eat cheesecake! Perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete